Julia
how do you celebrate Thanksgiving Day in your country ?

hi,everyone,i am from China,yesterday was Thanksgiving Day,In China,we don't take this day as a significant festival,but I am so curious about how everyone celebrate on Thanksgiving Day in other country ~

Let's have a joyful talk ^_^

Nov 28, 2014 3:03 AM
Comments · 5

Thanksgivving isn't celebrated in Europe, it's a north american fest.

November 28, 2014

The family gathers and eats dinner together. Today it was at my Dad's, and there were 8 people. We ate and talked for several hours. Turkey, potatoes, stuffing, green beans, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, apple pie and ice cream. I'm stuffed!

November 28, 2014

Every year for Thanksgiving we go to my dad's parent's house for lunch and have a big meal. My dad has 5 brothers and sisters so there are 19 grandkids in the family and we always have a good time together. After we eat we tell funny stories and watch American football games on tv. Then for dinner we go to my mom's brother's house and eat with that side of the family. Also, we always go see a movie together, this year it was the new Hunger Games movie :) 

November 28, 2014

Cielle,thanks for your discussion,sure, In China,we also have all kinds of discounts in shops.As for me,I think it is important to accompany with my family,we went out for dinner to celebrate it  on Thanksgiving day ^_^

November 28, 2014

Here in the Philippines, Thanksgiving is being observed by few people especially those who have relatives in the US. Usually, I am seeing Thanksgiving SALE online and most of my Mum friends are happy every Thanksgiving Day Sale. Yeah, they are shopaholic. ^_^

As for me, it is just like any other ordinary day. But I hope we could celebrate it as well and the government will announce the Thanksgiving day as a regular or special holiday. :)

November 28, 2014