Moira
did you ever have a crush on a gay or lesbian? (I mean if you are heterosexual)

Asking this question is because I occasionally found out that the boy I liked is gay, and he has a boyfriend. They are kind of hiding it, never came out. at least not to me. I know it may be a little inappropriate to talk about this topic. I actually is one of those who support gay rights, and I crazily like Sam Smith, and Same Love, a song of macklemore, and my favorite couple in Shameless are Ian and Mickey. But it is still hard for me to take it, I mean, it's so awkward. Do you guys ever had similar experience?

Nov 28, 2014 2:34 PM
Comments · 4

I have never had that experience but I agree with Andi there is nothing awkward about it.There are straight people and gay people in the world and that's all.There have always been gay people in the world (even though some people try to hide or deny it) and that's they way it's always been.We can all get along,they do what they do and we live as we live,and we all exist together.As long as people love others and don't hate that's fine by me.

November 28, 2014

I don't think there is anything awkward in having a crush on someone who is gay or lesbian, or any other part of the gender spectrum. Actually, I think it's quite normal and just means we find them attractive and interesting. It only becomes awkward if people make it awkward.

However, I can suggest that you need to improve your gaydar. Gaydar is radar for humans, and means when you meet a gay or lesbian person you recognise them immiediately, and this makes personal contact much easier.

Gay and lesbian people also don't want to fall in love with someone who is straight, so honesty is very important right at the beginning. 

November 28, 2014

I'm sorry for you, that you've had this upsetting experience, Moira. But I'm also sorry for the guy and his partner. There are gays and lesbians in all societies, and there are always have been. Unfortunately not all societies are as open or tolerant as others, and it is a very sad thing in this day and age if two young people have to hide their sexuality. So please don't make it worse for this guy by blaming him. It was a simple misunderstanding - neither his fault nor yours. Learn from the experience, and then move on. I'm sure you'll meet the right boy for you soon.

November 28, 2014

Actually,the title deeply attrcted me···I have never had this experience before,so I suppose that you should break with him.Because in other words,he betried you first even though it is a love between gay.

看你是北京人 就直接说中文吧  虽然你是用英文发的这个话题 但看完这个我当时我还真乐坏了 我是川美的 在我们川美有这样一个说法:我们不排斥异性恋。。。你懂的 虽然是句玩笑话 但也可以看出我们学校 gay culture的普遍和接受度  但这并不是提倡你要去接受那个你喜欢的gay boy  你又不是异性恋。。。所以,in a word 为周围男生省省资源吧 we do not live in a same world with gay or lesbian.

November 28, 2014