Danny Carroll
Is every language equal is its potential for poetic writing?

For all the speakers of many languages on italki, does every language have the same ability to be written poetically? What are some differences when writting poetry in multiple languages? What are the challenges?

Dec 1, 2014 3:19 PM
Comments · 5

نَعَمْ

كُلُّ لُغَةٍ لَهَا أُسْلُوبُهَا وَقَوَاعِدِهَا فِي كِتَابَةٍ الشَّعْرُ

وَأَفْضَلُ هَذِهِ اللُّغَاتِ اللُّغَةُ العَرَبِيَّةَ الَّتِي لَا يُسَاوِيهَا أَوْ يُحَاذِيهَا لُغَةٌ فِي الشَّعْرِ.

فَالشَّعْرُ هُوَ كَلَامٌ مَوْزُونٌ مُقَفًّى.

بِمَعْنًى مِثْلَ المِيزَانِ وَهَذَا يُطْرِبُ الإِذْنَ وَيَرْهُفُ السَّمْعُ.

وَهُوَ مَا يُسَمِّي الجَرَسَ المُوسِيقِيَّ.

أَدْعُوكَ لِلقِرَاءَةِ فِي الشَّعْرِ وَبُحُورٌ الشَّعْرُ وَأَوْزَانُ الشَّعْرُ ثُمَّ الأَدَبُ وَالبَلَاغَةُ.

وَأَنَا هُنَا لِخِدْمَتِكُمْ فِي أَيٌّ شىء.

شُكْرًا لَكُمْ.

Yes,

every language has its style and its bases in writing poetry and the best of these languages of Arabic,

which is not Ahavea or their equivalent in the language of poetry

Poetry is the word rhymed metrical

The sense of balance, such as this Itrb ear and sharpens hearing

Which is called the bell music

I invite you to read in the hair and the hair and seas Awaozan hair then literature and rhetoric

I am here to serve you anything

Thank you

Mohamed Fouad

January 30, 2015

I don't think so.

Consider German and French. Both have different rhythm, melody.

German is very good for Industrial and EBM music (hi, Rammstein fans!))), while French isn't.

January 6, 2016

I agree with you Alma. I think it's also about the vocabulary and grammer richness.

January 6, 2016

I don't understand how one can measure the "poetic potential" of a language, but I am sure that one can write wonderful poetry on any language, including fortran.

January 6, 2016

italian has got its own place in that,  I Think it greatly depends on its natural musicality and rythm.

January 5, 2016