Jacob Lee
To Fellow Tagalog learners, I have a question

I'm starting to learn Tagalog,

What's the way to go? where do I begin from?

I spent sometime in the Philippines when I younger, so I picked up some words and phrases,

but getting committed to the actual learning seems like whole different thing.

Dec 9, 2014 9:12 AM
Comments · 6

Hi~ As a native filipino, I'm not sure what's the best way for a starter but in my opinion, since you've already learned the basic phrases... i would recommend you to start learning pronouns, and then verb affixes, prefixes, suffixes. I think you could compose and understand sentences easily if you know them! If you have questions, I'll be glad to help :)

December 12, 2014

Tagalog Seasite is a good place to start

January 11, 2015

I started with a general overview of the language.  A good book is Tagalog Structures by Teresita Ramos.  Once you understand the basics of the language start filling in the gaps with more advance books.  

January 11, 2015
I believe a Tagalog learning mobile app that has audio recorded by native speakers will help you a lot. I hope this app may help you learn Tagalog : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dalubhasareviewcenter.easytagalog . This app will teach you from different ways of counting in Tagalog, telling time, travel and dining phrases to advanced Tagalog. This app consists of Tagalog words and sentence structures and offline dictionary with examples of sentences. It also has detailed explanation even on using affixes, verbs, adjectives, slang, Taglish, and idiomatic expressions and tips on how to learn a language efficiently.
Being a native Tagalog speaker, I must say that the easiest part could be nouns and adjectives. Verbs, idiomatic expressions, and active and passive voices are the most difficult. Well, it really depends on how people learn.
September 5, 2017

My kids have been watching a lot of Filipino movies on youtube. I mean they really can't speak tagalog, they do know some words and I am hoping they could pick up a few more by watching movies with subtitles.

February 24, 2015
Show more