[Deleted]
Weird beliefs in different cultures

Since we are from different countries,we have different cultures as well.You can find weird beliefs,strange traditions and taboos in any culture.

For instance,In my country and among those religious Iranians, it is believed that you shouldn't pour boiling water on the ground because it disturbs genies then they wouldn't leave you alone!

Now talk about yours.

Dec 11, 2014 3:32 PM
Comments · 23

Oh my God! I bet a lot of water is saved every Wed. then (,")

December 29, 2014

Mohammad,first of all thank you for your comment and actually you are right,but at first,if you had have read,I mentioned,we are frrom different cultures that's why we have different beliefs and as you said,Iran is not an exception.You can find these weird cultures all over the world even in America,in los Angeles,And foreigners are able to understand these things since we are humans.

But about judging I should say I believe that all us are judgemental but hate being judged by individuals.in  spite of that,Why should we hide the truth about something or try to show it in a different way if we really believe our country is not an exception?!

At the end we shouldn't take other's jokes serious!Every human may have a sense of humor!Don't believe it,look at the comments above!

Thank you.

December 30, 2014

I see a lot of people believe that a piece of green fabric or flag can save them and bring them good luck. They put it in there cars, homes and everywhere. It is silly and stupid. It is also irritate me when I see a medicne or engineering students go and visit a shrine before the exam because they believe it can help them to pass the exam O_o!!! 

Then how can we blame ignorant people?! SMH

December 29, 2014

I've  heard you shouldn't stare at black cats eyes because the genies soles exist in their bodies and if you did,as you said,sth bad would happen!:)

December 30, 2014

@Oussama: That's the exact blue bead I told you all about;) It's on that thing you called خمسة!

Yes, it's used every where I guess; either alone or on that hand to protect from the evil eye! I have to agree with Ali though, it does look like the evil eye itself (,") Sorry Oussama :)

@Becky: I want to tell you that women here from my late grandmother's age would bundle the child with more clothes and blankets, but now things are different and they would remove the child's clothes, give them a bath and massage their little feet with vinager because it brings down the fever.

December 31, 2014
Show more