Caroline L-B
Community Tutor
Learning Article : French Tests: How To Improve Your Score (Especially For TEFaQ)

Discuss the Article : French Tests: How To Improve Your Score (Especially For TEFaQ)

<a href='/article/330/french-tests-how-to-improve-your-score-especially-for-tefaq' target='_blank'>French Tests: How To Improve Your Score (Especially For TEFaQ)</a>

Nothing but the truth about grades in general, exams, and TEFAQ in particular

Dec 14, 2014 12:00 AM
Comments · 31

Loved your funny description of the levels, Caroline! And nevertheless, I completely disagree with it ;) For me, a good A1+ speaker is a surviver in a foreign country. As for A2-A2+, those people can express their ideas about many things. By the way, judging by the French textbooks, any student who has thouroughly worked through A2 level, is equipped with a solid base in grammar and vocabulary enough to live almost comfortably in a foreign language bubble.

Interestingly though, your levels' description perfetly fits to Chinese, at least in my perception ;)

Anyway, a pleasure to read you and un énorme merci ;)

December 18, 2014

Bonjour Caroline! Being in the "I suck" category-really sucks-lol!

February 25, 2015

Reading about the differences between the tests was very helpful. I felt a little bullied reading it, though. 

February 17, 2015

Hello everyone! Thank you all for your interest in my articles over the last year. This is now time to say goodbye as I've decided to stop publishing articles here. I've had issues with the editing team for few months now, and even though they introduced a new editor recently, they still serve the same "Because I said so!" that passes as justification for just about everything. I'm simply tired of these shenanigans. If it makes me angry, there is no point in continuing. I like to have fun. Teaching is fun (I'm still teaching by the way!) Writing is fun. Sharing is fun. It's just a shame that there is something that has to get in between. Anyway, thank you all for your feedback, good and bad. It goes a long way! Cheerio!

March 23, 2015

I'm glad you liked it! It's only based on my 3 years experience of talking to learners and my "harsh" view of the world (I'm a "demanding" teacher, I expect a lot form the world and myself, so I'm not the type to give praise easily). But that said, I'm not bad at assessing students. My students get tested once in a while and they give me back their results. Usually, I'm spot on.

December 18, 2014
Show more