[Deleted]
Why people tend to "follow" others and not looking for the real learning process?

Why people just click on the follow button and do not reply messages?, they just "follow" and that's it....It seems to me they're not looking for the real learning. What the heck?..Why are you here?...

Dec 15, 2014 2:59 AM
Comments · 29

Hi José,

If someone follows me but doesn't write directly, that's fine by me. It means whatever I do on the site (eg. answer a question, or contribute to a discussion such as this one) turns up on their "Social Updates" feed on their home page.  So if they find what I do interesting or helpful, they can keep track of me without constantly writing to me.  The same goes for anyone I follow, but not write to.

I realise you're new here, so your focus is on getting to know people on this site... but don't worry, people who only "follow" you aren't being unfriendly! :)

December 15, 2014

Having high number of followers doesn't mean you have a serious language partners. I have seen some people here who have 400 or 500 followers but they always complained about their inability to find a good language partner.

December 15, 2014

I have noticed this website is something more useful to know people and maybe to date someone than to improve language skills. It is something I do not like by any means. Actually I do not have neither facebook nor twitter and I am happy:)). To be honest there is a section that could be useful - correction of notes- but it is really slow and the website owners have limited to 2 the possibility to ask questions. Besides I noticed that often one gets help depending on how one looks like. There is a good example on the italian page where you can get corrections. Kristie has gotten 121 visitors and 7 corrections. 

December 15, 2014

By and large this site is nice but it is not very useful if you want to improve quickly your target language.

December 15, 2014

Al comienzo yo daba por hecho que era un sistema tácito de ayuda mutua. Pero no.

Ahora me perturba...

Por eso sigo solo a una persona como forma de agradecimiento por ayudarme.

Quizas en el futuro cambie mi criterio.

No sé.

No tiene mucha lógica, la verdad.

December 15, 2014
Show more