Yi Zhen Lin
Just wondering...why do people want to practice English with me?

First of all, I'm not an English speaker. My mother tongue is Chinese and i'm learning Dutch. I use this webstite less than two weeks, but i've already got many messages from people over the world who want to practice English with me. It's quite strange that they find a non-native speaker to practice with. Isn't it odd to ask a Chinese speaker to help their English? Besides, my English isn't perfect. Does it happen to everybody? I don't know how to solve this problem. :/

btw, anyone wanna improve their Chinese? I'm here! haha

Dec 15, 2014 11:12 AM
Comments · 44

Ask Toc toc toc if you can borrow his/her picture...lol...

December 15, 2014

Maybe your profile photo is too attractive... Replace it for a while and you will see....

December 15, 2014

what the f*** (excuse my language) is everyone here blabbering about?!?

your profile says that you are learning english and now you wonder why ppl want to practice english with you?!? you do realise that there are people starting from zero and when they see that you are already more advanced in english they will ask you.

and for f***'s sake this is not a dating website. some people here (who also probably messaged you) have serious intentions of learning new languages! and you know damn well that ppl are more attracted to you if you put a "cute" pic of yourself in here. welcome to biology :)

December 15, 2014

Your photo is suitable for a learning site Yi and being beautiful is not a crime:)

But I believe you'll never know if your photo is the reason why you get many

messages and requests unless you make an experiment and change your photo

to a flower or a cat or anything, lets say for a week and see if these messages

stop or at least become less than before. Good luck.

December 15, 2014

To Marta.I'm just wanna recommend you to not generalize. And someone said that he want to learn Russian is not mean that he's stupid.perhps you seem like a Rusian nd he didn' t pay attention about where you come from.

December 15, 2014
Show more