Kaori
About what percentage of people vote in your country?

In Japan, Lower House general election was held on last sunday.

The voting rate for this election was 52.66 percent, it was the lowest rate in the post war years.

Turnout among young people is especially low in recent years and it is seen as a problem.

What is the voting turnout in your country?

What is the problem of voting in your country, and what kind of measures are taken?

In Japan, we go to a predetermined voting station near our house. (in most cases, voting stations are gymnasium of elementary schools.)

There's no fine for not voting, and no prize for participation for voting.

We can go early voting and they are held at city halls and community halls.

People living far from registered address can vote by postal mail before voting date.

Dec 15, 2014 1:30 PM
Comments · 10

In Australia, voting is compulsory.

December 15, 2014

We've had two elections this year and another one is coming up and the youth turnout is very low. As a result an 88 year old man is running for president and has passed the first round.

December 17, 2014

Seems I have received lots of mails for requiring votes for election since I lived in UK. Most of my local friends just ignored them. I had to ignore them simply because I seem to have no voting right everywhere. ヽ(≧Д≦)ノ

December 17, 2014

I think , my country people must to be political.And In Turkey, voting is compulsory.This year economic crisis started in Turkey.İf my country economy bad,vote change direction.And Turkey near middle East. ISİS,Irak,Suriye in civil war is big danger ..

December 17, 2014

in my country i mean azerbaijan it doesnt matter percentage)) we love our president

December 17, 2014
Show more