Mumtaz
Community Tutor
Your Defining Moment!

What is the one truly <em>defining moment</em> of your life so far?

To be honest I don't know mine, probably because I didn't have it till now. I thought of asking everyone though :)

Dec 17, 2014 8:58 PM
Comments · 7

I understand Zoubir, many of us get bad results I think, but not everyone decides

at that moment to change for himself and his society. May Allah guide you through

every step in your life :)

December 18, 2014

about me the changement was at the age of 19, the end teens periode and the begining of adulthood, i remember that i was studying 1st year university when i shocked by my exam results, i realised that a have to change my life and to do something beneficial for me and for my society and all of this comes through out a lot of circumestances. 

up to now, i'm struggling ahead asking my lord to guide me to the straight way.

December 17, 2014

And Mumtaz, I don't think it's particularly important for us to know an exact point in life that defined us. Perhaps you have been having moments like these in such abundance that you don't know for sure. You never know, really. :)

December 22, 2014

The day I started wearing my niqab. Most people I knew were against it, friends and family included, but it was really liberating for me. I'm not necessarily referring to the act of wearing it, though it's probably one of the best and biggest favours I've done for myself. The defining point was in how it has continued to give me a sense of responsibility to make every decision in life with thought to consequence, to be nicer to people - even those who subject me to a lot of bias and prejudice on a regular basis, and to break out of that stereotype to change their perception.

Above all, through the highs and lows, I have been who I want to be alhamdu lillah. :)

December 22, 2014

You're lucky Michael, you seem to remember your moment easily because it shows that it had a great impact on your life, I'm happy for you :)

December 22, 2014
Show more