Junooi
How is the people around the world celebrate Christmas? It is something special in your country or religions?

Christmas is around the corner and it is a internarional featival.

I belive recently everybody are busuying preapare for coming Christmas, and i'm curious about how are the people celebrate Chirstmas all around the world. I would like to hear from all of your sharing, about how you celebreate Christmas in your country? It is any special thing you will do or any culture in you country or religions? 

Dec 18, 2014 5:38 AM
Comments · 4

In Louisiana, we have bonfires along the Mississippi River levee to guide the way for Pere Noel (Father Christmas).  The structures that are lit on fire are many times in structures to represent objects like cabins, trains, ships, tall pyramid-like ladders or other cultural things. 

December 18, 2014

New Year more important day than Christmas in Russia (Christmas day at 7th of January by the way, cause the most of Russian people are Orthodox). We also put Christmas trees up, sharing presents, have fun/parties/stay at home with families (because it is family holiday) and HAVING 11 DAYS OFF!!! :)))))))))

December 18, 2014

For most of the Japanese does not regard religion as important, the Christmas day is not a national holiday for the Japanese. Most of them just enjoy celebrating Christmas eating cakes, chickens or something for special occasions after work or school. Although they love to hang up the decorations for trees and houses like American doing, they, in Japan, love to spend time with their friends or lovers rather than with their family. There is exchange of presents among kids, but not adults. 

December 18, 2014

people are so charming, funny.

They just take their children to the different places in the country and hang out.

others they return in their home cities to join with their families.

I think their having fun for real.

December 18, 2014