Cathy~
How to face my boss say"i want to quit this job"!!!!

Recently, I am so confusing because I don't know how to handle the situation when I want to quit my job. My work place only have 5 to 6 people, and my boss don't want let me go, but I am really tired and bored with this job, so I wanna to be changed immediately. Could you tell me or help me to how to say with my boss in polite way, because of he is not a bad boss.

Dec 18, 2014 1:40 PM
Comments · 5

Well, the way we do it here is just to give him a written resignation letter.  Put it in writing, politely that you are leaving, and your last day (you don't need to say why).  Just say that you are pursuing other opportunities.   It is really hard to argue with something that is put in writing.  Set a date and stick to it.  He may try to compromise with you to keep you, offer you a raise, a transfer, a promotion.  If you think you can live with that you can then accept it (but get it in writing too!!), but if not tell him that nothing he can say can change your mind. 

Life is too short and too hard to live with a job you hate.  If you are miserable, quit.  A bad job with too much stress can make you sick or even kill you.  If you are sure about your decision, don't look back (don't regret).  But be polite and don't "burn bridges" as we say.  If you are polite, you can possibly get your job back one day if you choose.

Good luck.

December 18, 2014

Hey, according to me, you should tell your boss the truth, but as he is not "a bad boss", I'll suggest you to choose a better time when he'll be in a good mood and then to focus on the experience part of your reasons. Tell him that you have an opportunity to get an other professional experience and you fell that it is the right time for that, and don't forget to thank him for being a fair boss.

Hope my advice will really help you.

December 18, 2014

The best way to tell your boss about leaving this job is to find good proper time, being very polite and explain your intentions. It should help, otherwise if it can make your boss furious you don't deserve such a place of job at all. The matter is to decline all probable promotions which can really be offered by him, but here you will be a lady-boss - to be or not to be - to accept or not ))

Good luck!

December 18, 2014

给他一张好老板卡,然后久久凝望,深情拥抱,静静离去。。。。。。

December 18, 2014

Being calm, just tell him your real reasons why you're going to leave your job and he will probably understand your mood and your attitude to all that.

December 18, 2014