Nadin
Your favourite Christmas holiday

Hello, friends!

Being extremely happy to the coming favourite holiday like Christmas, I would like to ask you how you celebrate this holiday and get ready to it, do shopping and what was your brightest Christmas you ever had? 

Let us share...

Dec 18, 2014 10:00 PM
Comments · 6

Hello Nadin, 

It was a special time.  My father was transferred often and we lived all over the US and part of the world.  I spent three years in Germany.  My favorite years as a child.  A great addition to the story is that I was able to return years later to that same Christkindlesmarkt literally (Christ Child Market) in Nuremberg.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christkindlesmarkt,_Nuremberg ;

I started the plans today for the party. 

I agree with you.  I feel that Christmas is in our heart and our actions.  It does not matter where you are. To me the most important message of Christmas is...Peace and Love.

I wish good memories for you this season.

December 19, 2014

Hi Nadin,

It is a good topic.  Thanks.

My fondest Christmas was when I was nine. My father was just transferred to Germany and we spent our first Christmas in a small town.  I was in a Christmas play and we learned two Christmas songs in German.  The original of Stille Nacht (Silent Night) and Oh Christmas Tree.  I can still sing them even though many, many years have passed. I remember caroling, going to the Christkindlesmarkt in Nuremberg; so many good memories.

I have just moved to China to teach English this month, so I will spend Christmas in a new land. But, I am making the most of it.  Our students will have a Christmas party.  I will invite the staff to my apartment too for a small party too.  It is the time to be happy and celebrate the joy of the holiday even though I will be half a world away.

December 18, 2014

I would go shopping with my friends and have a great meal.

December 19, 2014

Hello, Jeffrey.

Thanks for sharing such warm memories...It feels like you miss those years in German town and that is really nice to experience such feelings you had, it's always important to have those dear moments to keep them in memory and smiling to those happy days you had!

I wish you to have time to prepare that small party in China despite of distance in a half a world away )))) 

Christmas is Christmas everywhere if you celebrate it and ready for fun and joy on it!

December 18, 2014

The lack of plans is not a reason to be sad or not celebrate it. Just be positive and have some good fun!  

December 18, 2014
Show more