[Deleted]
Curious to know ...

''in relationship with someone''

<em>means</em>..

''loving <em>or</em> just dating''

Dec 19, 2014 4:40 PM
Comments · 4

In my experience, in the United States, in 2014, the phrase "A is in a relationship with B" usually means that A and B are living together in a serious, committed, monogamous way. 

Thirty years ago people would have called that a "serious relationship" or a "committed relationship," but it has gotten shortened simply to "relationship."

ahdictionary.com gives as meaning #4 for "relationship," "A romantic or sexual involvement."

See https://ahdictionary.com/word/search.html?q=relationship&submit.x=36&submit.y=18

December 20, 2014

But IT means Information technology I don't see anything about love but dating for sure.

There are so many friends on the Internet via Skype, Facebook or other message softwares for dates so as to share daily life or information to like for friendship rather than liking for relationship. 

I believe both feelings are different. Althoug so many people said Canadian like to further relationship for friendship and relationship, just not for marriage. 

Perhaps the only one way to distinguish them is, marriage you plan with your lover in the future long term in eternity. 

If you don't say it just friend straightaway, that will make your friends misunderstand dating means also for love. So difficult to distinguish it sometimes in different countries and cultures. 

December 20, 2014

dating is ok

December 19, 2014

It depends... it can mean anything from dating to being serious,in love and going to be married.IT means that you have someone you consider to be your partner and so you are not available to date others.But to what degree? That depends.

December 19, 2014