[Deleted]
I am a history teacher and wondered if anyone enjoys history and would like to discuss it?

I teach Russian, German and British histiry and have taught Ancient History. Would anyone like to practice their English discusssing there? 

Dec 20, 2014 1:47 PM
Comments · 34

To add a little balance to the previous posts, Britain went to war with Germany because of the invasion of Poland. Britain also took in many Polish refugees and trained and equipped a Polish exile army and air force.

December 20, 2014

I am a fan of history, especially related to "unpopular/politically incorrect" themes, controversial subjects, etc. In my opinion, history is full of lies, manipulation and myths, at least the popular one, because it is up to a historian to find an ubiased truth.

I am especially interested in history of Central and Eastern Europe, Polish relations with neighbouring countries, regional history. But I am also interested in history of imperialism, colonialism, so I try to read a lot about British, German, French, Russian, American but also other "imperialist" countries. Beeing an educated political scientist (I work in another field)I am a big fan of geopolitics and history of international relations.

I must admit, that I am a Brito-phobe, when it comes to political issues and international relations. From Polish point of view I have absolutely nothing positive to say, about Britain. I consider Britain, of course the state, not the people, as a very arrogant which is no better than Germany and Russia, Poland's "historical foes". But there are some positive periods, like in 18th Century.

So, I am keen on discussion of history of Polish-British/English relations.

December 20, 2014

yes, Sasanian Empire and Achaemenid Empire and so on...

Hmmm.... actually my sister's field is Paleolithic, I think it's around prehistoric time...

December 20, 2014

To be frank, I don't like any kind of political propaganda, especially of imperialist countries, like Britain, Germany, France, Russia, but also USA. History is the battlefield for political propaganda. For example, I am totally disgusted of anti-Polish sentiment in the late years of WWII, attitute to Polish pilots. It was not a matter of British politicians, but people.

I won't even give any comment of British propaganda, related to Enigma, because there is no place for it. Every person knows who is responsible for cracking the code of Enigma, before the 1939. But naturally, British and Americans as a winner side of the war, try to write their own kind of history, suitable for their own, political interests.

So, as I had written at first, history is full of lies and manipulation and I try to find out, what is the true face of the current problem.

December 20, 2014

I don't understand what do you mean about your recent statement. I am not abusive, but I evaluate the British-Polish relations. Britain as a state, acted in very disgusting way, many times. It is a matter of British politicians, like Lloyd George, lord Curzon, but also Churchill. Great Britain has always been acting in egoistic way, especially in relations with Central Europe. I was always wondering, why Britain acted so positevely towards Germany, Russia for example. In British stance towards Europe, there was always policy of balance, on the continent. And Poland, beeing a core of Central Europe is the backbone of balance in this part of Europe, even Ottoman Empire was thinking in this way.

December 20, 2014
Show more