Vio
what do you know about Indonesian culture ? Let's talk about That ^^

If you are indonesian people, or foreign nationals who've been to indonesia, certainly knew about this :)

because,  Indonesia is a big country with so many sub-cultures, historical events and bio diversity from the biggest archipelago.

Dec 23, 2014 2:32 AM
Comments · 9

@Walter_mellon, Im so glad to read your comment. If we talk about gamelan, is the original musical instrument of indonesian. Each gamelan is very unique. You will never find two kinds gamelan having similar tuning. There are 2 kinds of scales used by the player in gamelan music. Both are the pelog tuning and slendro tuning. Even though gamelan music is a product of traditional period, now it appears that there are several modern games from sunda, java and bali. As i know gamelan not too famous in indonesia, but some comunity try to present gamelan music with another style. It can be possible if gamelan will be have new place on next generation.

December 23, 2014

I don't know so much about Indonesian culture yet, but what fascinates me the most is that such an incredibly large ethnic, linguistic and biological diversity is spread across this vast archipelago. It makes me wonder where all of this diversity has disappeared in my home country, Germany where even one of the older dialects, called Plattdeutsch is dying out.

Hopefully, the people in Indonesia can live with each other peacefully and also begin to realize how vital it is to preserve the rainforests and its biodiversity.

March 2, 2015

Saya suka tonton tarian Indonesia seperti
... Jaipongan,Cendrawasih, tarian merak,,
saya suka dengar 'kacapi seruling' , degung sundanese,
gamelan Java dan gamelan Bali.

February 1, 2015

I really like gamelan music. I have several CDs, some Javanese, some Balinese. Is it still popular, or is it considered old-fashioned now?

December 23, 2014

When I first think about indonesia, I think of linguistic diversity. There are too many languages in Indonesia. More than 700. In Brazil we only speak Portuguese. I find it amazing. 

February 20, 2016
Show more