Gwen
Do any of you have a languages learning blog?

I'm thinking about creating a languages learning blog and I would like to know if anyone here has one :) I would be posting about fillers people use, curious expressions, etymology and other stuff. I think it could be really fun. Can't wait to get started with it and at the same time I'm a bit frightned: what if no one follows it?!

I would love to read your experiences on blogging guys! Please, share! :)

Dec 23, 2014 11:52 AM
Comments · 8

Thank you for all your comments!

I think I'll rather take it as a personal challenge, something I do for my own sake. A blog would probably help me to fix my knowledge and realize my progress in the language. And if it can be helpful for someone, then, why not giving it a try?! But, oh, thinking about starting to promote it makes me tired!

No, really. The more I think about it, the more I like the idea. I'll try to keep it fun, though; no rush, no daily publications. Don't want to give up within a few days..

@Alla: What did you write about in your first blog?

@Andreas: You can share your blog if you like, I would completely love to take a look at it. :)

Another question that pops up: which language would you write your blog in? Your native language or an internacional language such as English?

December 23, 2014

I have a language blog at tubespeak.com where I use an interlinear gloss to analyze spoken languages. But as Alla said, it takes a lot of time and effort to promote it, so I'm not even trying. I'm doing it for my own amusement. And as long as I can spare a buck to pay for the hosting, it's going to be online just to keep track of my commitment to my cause. I prefer to spend most of my free time learning languages though, so my blog is more of a by-product of my interest in modern spoken languages. 

So if you're really passionate about your idea, I'd say, give it a try. You might enjoy the mere activity of writing a blog, and you can always learn something new along the way. 

December 23, 2014

Blogging requires a lot of effort, as you probably know. I used to have one in my teens, but it took an enormous amount of time to promote it. It's like thinking all day long about what to improve, what to add etc. And your blog really has to stand out. I would love to see what you come up with! So, good luck with it! :)

December 23, 2014

Easy to create one these days. I think you need to write it for yourself and treat it as a writing and learning exercise. Followers are a bonus - the web is very cluttered so very hard to stand out.

My wife's blog has had over a million and a half hits - there are readers out there.

December 23, 2014

Aegis has a discussion blog called polydog.org that is good.

January 25, 2015
Show more