[Deleted]
Learning Pronunciation; Phonetics

I have been studying languages for a while now, and I find that my best problem is pronunctiation. If I have not pronounce the word, I am unable to remember it or use it.  This has greatly hinder my language learning development. Would anyon be able to offer and advice as to how I can improve this one obstacle in my path? I am more a passive bilinguagle where reading and writing are easy for me; however, I trouble rasing about a  high beginner/ low intermediate development in listening and speaking. 

Dec 24, 2014 11:29 PM
Comments · 3

The whole website went down in the 30 minutes since I posted that link :-D

Hopefully it comes back up soon.

December 25, 2014

the most effective way to improve your pronounciation is: practice, practice, practice. Start by watching movies in the language, then move on to having conversations with natives or if you have the money go and visit the country !

December 24, 2014

I've never tried learning French, but it looks like this course might be very helpful to you: http://fsi-languages.yojik.eu/languages/french-phonology.html

There are a few other French courses on that website you may want to look at. I've used FSI courses for other languages and they're very useful, particularly since they're focus on spoken rather than written language.

December 24, 2014