Anastasiya
Merry Chrismass! And one more excuse to discuss our traditions

Dear members of italki society, accept my congratulations on occasion of this kind and light holiday! Merry Chrismas to all!

Let me ask you what are your traditions connected with this holiday? Would like to know about your special rules, preferences, customes.

Dec 25, 2014 12:51 PM
Comments · 9

At 3pm we watch the Queen as she speaks to the Commonwealth.

December 25, 2014

Hi! Merry Christmas! ^_^

In Korea, Most family have spent time on staying with family at home

and dressed a Christmas tree. or we hang out with friends such as watching Christmas movie :)

In church or Catholic church people usually commemorate the Christ's birth.

It depends on people and the culture has been changed a bit >_<

December 25, 2014

Actually Christmas is not Chinese traditional holiday. But in recent years it has become more and more popular especially in campuses. Gifts are sent and Christmas parts are often hosted.During Christmas ,the shopping malls are very busy and crowed.

December 25, 2014

My family plans  changed suddenly for Christmas Eve, so my wife and I went home and made a light dinner.   We put the classic movie  "A Christmas Carol" in the DVD player. The best version is the one with the   actor  Alistair Sim playing  "Scrooge".  That one always brings tears to my eyes.

So,  after the movie,  I went to bed early. 

Today,  we will make a special dinner and rest for most of the day.

December 25, 2014

Anastasiya. You will celebrate on 7th January and have a wonderfully long holiday period. Happy New Year. 

December 25, 2014
Show more