John Stark
What is your opinion on online shopping?

Online shopping has been popular several years ago, and it becomes more and more popular. Moreover, people are not satisfied with native online shopping, they have already buy things from abroad net. I bought a venue 8 pro from Amazon.com in March which turns out pretty good. I live in China, I got this stuff in June. It is a long time, and that's why I do not like to buy on it but I really cannot control myself(because some products are cheaper than here). So what is your similiar experience on buy things abroad? Anyone like this way. Actually, I like it but it takes long time. And I also would like you recommend some other place, like ebay.

Dec 26, 2014 10:26 AM
Comments · 13
I prefer buying online. You don't have to drive through traffic, walk through the rush and bring back the product. In online shopping they do all the difficult task for you. I recently bought a TV online, an android smart TV from Blueberrys ( http://www.blueberrysindia.com/products/ ). Bought it online, hassle free, tension free.
December 18, 2017

I enjoy shopping online because I don't like all the effort involved in shopping in a local store.  When I buy clothing I try to buy from the online version of a local store, that way if something doesn't fit I can return it to the store and not have to pay to send it back.

I buy a lot of things from Walmart.com.  I don't know if it is avaliable in China, but one of my Brazilian students tells me that he uses it with great success in Sao Paulo.  I have had good experiences with both Amazon and eBay.  I have never tried Alibaba, but I will someday!

December 26, 2014
I love it and I think it's convenient. At least I would not have to worry about traffic, etc but I wouldn't go online shopping if I'd look for shoes or clothes. The rest... I buy online
June 14, 2019
I haven't bought from a retail shop in so so long because I only buy online now. There's always so much choice and it's so relaxing after a hard day at work. Recently I've made a few purchases from Carbon2Cobalt and the stuff is super high quality for an affordable price. Although I always try to read reviews on the shops I buy from just to protect myself. You can do it here https://www.revdex.com/reviews/carbon-2-cobalt/997331 ,there are millions of reviews on thousands of online shops. Happy shopping!
June 14, 2019

I buy a lot of things online, and some of them from abroad (Japan, Germany, UK).  I am very careful about the businesses I deal with, but since I generally buy solid quality items, I don't run into the same problems people might encounter who want something as cheap as possible.  There isn't a lot of fraud in books, specialty clothing, and small niche markets.  Anything I might have to return I don't buy online at all, or I buy it online from within my own country, so the shipping cost won't bankrupt me.  I do buy through eBay as well, but I only deal with people who have a very high rating.  I've not yet been cheated.  The old adage: "If it sounds too good to be true, it is" is a useful notion to keep in mind.  If I want to gamble with an item, I do it at the local flea market where I can look the dealer in the eye.

Something to watch out for when buying from abroad are the exchange rates -- sometimes it pays to wait a while, or to do a lot of shopping all at once.  And I prefer to buy from smaller businesses instead of pouring more money into the greedy hands of Amazon.  It's not good for consumers in the long run if one company edges out everyone else.

July 1, 2015
Show more