Jesse
How to watch a popular TV show in a foreign language?

Dec 26, 2014 7:04 PM
Comments · 8

Jesse, this is very sweet of you to try purchase what you want legally. But the heart and the basis of russian internet is ~free stuff~. You can find and download illegally things that are vurtually impossible to find any other way.
If you are strong in your intention to by wht you are looking for, try ivi.ru and zabava.ru
As far as I am concerned, you can subskribe there and pay with a credit card. You can watch then movies and tv shows online only.

December 26, 2014

If you are searching for TV shows and movies in Russian I highly recommend you http://hdrezka.ag/ website. It's like Netflix but it's free.

Therefore there are lots of ads on the webpage and in the beginning of videos. Actually I use it a lot, but in Russia you should use VPN connection, in the US and Canada it's open :) 

December 27, 2018

Haha, thanks everyone for responses; my question was answered. On a broader note, this is EXTREMELY strange to learn that the United States has few legal methods of watching any of the current popular shows like The Walking Dead, LOST, TBBT, Game of Thrones, or 24 etc in a language outside of English (if you live in the USA).

I talked with some international friends and they have multiple options for purchasing English speaking TV shows online legally. 

However, I did eventually learn that Amazon.com offers 13 languages where all content shows up in that specific language. Russian isn't available yet. Oh well.

December 27, 2014

Jesse, I read your question again and i think i might have not understood it before.

Here's the confusion:

1. Do you mean to watch your favorite TV show aired in English (for instance in my case The Big Bang Theory/GOT etc.) in another language ? or

2. to watch a foreign language tv series in English.

In case of (1), I usually search for the tv series in the other language's native video streaming website. So for e.g  I want to watch TBBT in Russian, I could stream to www.mail.ru and find that season.

In case of (2), Youtube/torrent might help

Cheers!

December 26, 2014

Ever heard of torrents and subtitles? :p

If you intent to watch it online visit free tv streaming sites like www.tvids.net If they have foreign subtitles, you're good to go!

December 26, 2014
Show more