Tom
Professional Teacher
Menschen Arbeids und Kursbucher - Good for self study? Contextual learning?

Hello all,

I am considering purchasing the German Menschen books for B1 level german for self study purposes. I generally learn best through contextual texts, and would be begining this after completing Rosetta Stone 1-5 (Which claims to put you somewhere in the "Not quite B1 level".

I am hoping this is similar to the Norwegian Stein Pa Stein but was wondering if anyone had any sample pages from the interior or a good description of what is in the Kursbuch and if it is okay for self study (rather than requiring being led by a teacher.)

Vielen dank!

Dec 26, 2014 7:18 PM
Comments · 2

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/3195019035/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AHNEEZ9CVAP3Q

Here is a link to the product. It is used at the Goethe Institute in San Francisco which is how I found it.

December 26, 2014

Hi Tom:

We study from Menschen here also in Goethe institute in my city. Im still at A2.2, but from my experience (and as I have studied Scritte A1) I can say that Menschen is a very good book. It takes the learner step by step in a very smooth way, grammar wise or vocabulary wise.

December 29, 2014