[Deleted]
WEIRD MESSAGES

I keep on receiving weird messages. For examples someone asks "if you got sb's guy's shy photo will you use it to blackmail him?" Do you also experience receiving this kind of message? I received three already.

Dec 27, 2014 6:35 AM
Comments · 6

Yup,I received the same thing last night,but I think he had mental problems or sth,anyway,he is not here for learning languages!

December 28, 2014

AJ Victoria, it might be a child as well)

Spam usually tires to sell something (or just check if your account is active and willing to reply and then try to sell spmething).

People intending to flirt would hardly be interested in you (Philippinese girl) and HLRN (Dutch guy) at the same time.

But children (including teenagers/students) are curious and some of them like to make improvised 'surveys' of public opinin by asking a strange questions to lots of random people.
Sometimes to socialize, sometimes to know results (seriously), sometimes becaase it's a way to start a conversation with a random person (kinda better than hi!).  In our university a lot of students collected stats on people asked 'Yes or no?"

I'm not sure, why, but when it was a pretty girl asking and a boy answering, it was always 'yes':)

December 27, 2014

I think there was someone asking the exact same thing here earlier this month. There are a lot of spammers on here. Just ignore weird messages, that works. Or report it so that the admins can remove these people.

December 27, 2014

@K P ah! I see. But it's kinda weird that the format of the message is the same but it came from 3 different senders. So maybe, I think, it really is a spam. Heheh.

December 28, 2014

Oh! Thanks for the response @HLRN! Now it was confirmed that those are spams. Well the first time that I received that kind of message, I replied and it replied back as well so I tought the user is just goofing around.

December 27, 2014
Show more