[Deleted]
what do you think about chess?

Chess is an exercise of infinite possibilities for the mind, one which develops mental abilities used throughout life: concentration, critical thinking, abstract reasoning, problem solving, pattern recognition, strategic planning, creativity, analysis, synthesis, and evaluation, to name a few.My dad introduced me to chess when I was 5, and this helped me in many situations in my life. Nowadays the most of people only play and watch football, and try to ridiculize people who practise another game. I used to play football and I enjoyed it, but today I realized that football did not provide anything in my life, and thank my father for teaching me to play chess. What doy you think?

Dec 27, 2014 5:40 PM
Comments · 5

About football I do think it is such a good thing to train your mind to make real time decision, I saw a documentary about it and it was said there that a goalkeeper has the ability to react verrrrrry fast, he sees , decides and react almost in a second and in that documentary a goalkeeper was telling that his ability once helped him to save a baby’s life, experts analyzed what he had done to save the baby and they told if that man didn’t have such fast reaction he couldn’t help that baby :D

December 27, 2014

I usually don't think about chess

December 27, 2014

Interesting!, Thanks for commenting Elina.

Nice regards!!

December 28, 2014

Elina:

It is interesting that you  mentioned  "real time decision".

There are various time frames for playing chess.

A game can be played,  for example,   with each player having 90 minutes to make all of their moves. 

Players can each have 1 hour to make their moves.

Players can have 1/2 hour to make all of their moves.

Players can have  15 minutes to make all of their moves.

Players can have  5 mintues to make all of their moves.

Players can have 3 minutes to make all of their moves.

Players can have 1 minute to make all of their moves.

Few competitors in any competition,  have the "real time" demands  for decision-making that are faced by chess players.

Not only does one need to know the  requirements  of different  Offensive and Defensive strategies,  combined with the complexities of the position of the pieces on the board,  one   can    be in a position  which requires moving   very fast.  If the time on the clock is running down for either player,  that player does not have the luxury of thinking about the next move for long minutes.

Chess players also,  can be in situations where calculations must be made  almost instantaneously.

Chess also,  can be  used for the study of a language.  Chess Symbolism,  by which the moves of a chess  game are written  down,  and often studied by other chess players,  add to the game an educational element.

Chess therefore,  can be a tool for reading and writing   any language.

It has a universal symbolism.

December 28, 2014

Hi Eduardo:

Nobody introduced me to the game of chess as a child. I did  study the game  after living on my own for several years.  I have enjoyed playing in the United States Chess Federations  for several years and have enjoyed some wonderful games,  most notably my defeat of  National Master Todd Bardwick here in Denver Colorado when he offered a Simultaneous Chess Exhition.

I remember how I felt at that time, on my drive home. The weather was pleasant and sunny for a winter day. I was driving home  as a beautiful,  golden sunset settled over the mountains to the west.

I had just finished a gruelling 3-hour game with a   chess master.  I will see if I can  find the game in my files and post it here.

December 27, 2014