Peiyun
Oversea social skills

It is my first time to share a apartment with a foreigner aboard.My roommate left for holiday and she is about to come back tmr.We haven't told with each other for a longer one,mainly due to my shyness in speaking English.But I figure this time would be a good chance to close each other and impress her-----sent message "I want to be friend with her".Any suggestion for the conversation? and also any correction for the note.Thanks so much in advance.

Dec 27, 2014 6:15 PM
Comments · 4

Ask her about something in her live. People like to talk about their lives, about them. Don't hesitate to ask about whatever you imagine at the moment, you must start with something and then you'll see if the topic is interesting for both of you.

December 27, 2014

Ask her how was Xmas party.

December 27, 2014

Feel free to just ask questions about her like, where is she from, what city, what her hometown is like, how many siblings she has, what school she went to, what hobbies she likes, or you can talk about holidays if it happened recently like Xmas.

December 27, 2014

That is a really good one,good first sentence,but any example sentences with good humor in the conversation? Maybe there is supposed to be a interesting dialogue we can imagine,right?

December 27, 2014