[Deleted]
Classical Arabic vs Modern Standard Arabic.

What are the main differences between Classical Arabic and Modern Standard Arabic?

Jan 4, 2015 2:54 PM
Comments · 21

Salamo Alikum All,
:D I'm moroccan, and I know this stigma that we moroccan we don't speak Arabic HAHA.
Once I was talking with a palestinian guy and he was amazed that I'm speaking Arabic with him.
You should know that the moroccans most of the time win the Quranic recitation contest, and also if you ask students in islamic studies in KSA for example, they will tell you that the moroccans are amongst the best.
When it comes to other Arabic dialects , the moroccans can easily understand most of them. And people now in the gulf countries start getting interested in the Moroccan culture, and dialect.
Note also that morocco is a multicultural country, and there are different dialects from North to south and from east to ouest.

January 5, 2015

Salam Mohammed!

The main difference between Classical Arabic and Modern Standard Arabic is the vocabulary as a lot of the words that was used for describing the old Arabs environment is not used any more, but you can find them only in the classical poetry and books. Also, the modern standard Arabic is more simple in vocabulary, grammar and different in expression. I believe that you have to learn the Modern Standard Arabic not the classical Arabic, but this also depends on your needs.

January 4, 2015

Walaikum Al-salam Okhti Mumtaz

Baraka Allaho fiki, but I'm not that good, I'm planning to start learning arabic from the beginning , I forgot all the I'3rab (grammar) rules. I was trying to learn other languages, but found myself a real beginner in my so called mother tongue.

Good luck for all the arabic learners, and thank you all for your interest in this beautiful language, that is not well presented by their natives.

I'll try to share some beautiful documentaries, and lectures about Arabic language in the coming days.

Baraka Allah fikom,
Peace be unto you all.

January 6, 2015

Walaikum asslam AELMehdi:

Actually you were one of the Moroccans I referred to in my previous comment. MashAllah your Arabic writing is eloquent and outstanding :) I noticed that from a few comments I read for you lately.

January 6, 2015

@Misslinda: To be honest I met few Moroccans on italki that their Arabic is so strong and I was really surprised and amazed by their writings. When they decide to speak MSA, they speak it as if they're using it all the time, same as the Moroccan lady in Oussama's video :) I bet a Moroccan would find my accent hard to get as well, and this is the beauty of MSA and CA, it makes it possible to all of us to understand each other. 

January 5, 2015
Show more