Ivana Ciric
Professional Teacher
Christmas holiday is not over yet:-)

How many of the members know that there are a lot of us here who celebrate the Christmas on the January the 7th? And why? :-)

Jan 4, 2015 5:56 PM
Comments · 14

Osmehe, ljubav i zdravlje vam zelim.

Srećan Božić svima!

January 7, 2015

Hello,yes,I know,of course,my parents came from  Russia.And new Year is celebrated on January,13 th.

January 6, 2015

Very nice There are many things in the world that I don't know specially about other countries and cultures, That's why I enjoy learning new languages.

January 4, 2015

Grazie, Carmelo. Sapendo che ci sono molti russi qui che parlano italiano ti ringrazio anche al loro nome:))Hvala e spasiba:-)non so scrivere in cirillico russo, scusatemi.

January 7, 2015

And not only, there are some other countries whose churches respect so called Julian calendar which differs from the official Gregorian calendar in 13 days. That's why we celebrate Christmas 13 days later and there is also a custom to celebrate Orthodox New year on the January 13th - 14th. So we have two New Years both very celebrated and popular and since the country is surrounded by cathoclic countries with a lot of catholics who live in Serbia (Hungarians, Croatians, Slovenians)we could say that we celebrate two Christmases as well. This is very nice and I wanted to share it with all of you on Italki.

January 4, 2015
Show more