Panattha
Community Tutor
Conversational Dutch

I need to learn Dutch because I am going to study in the Netherlands this year and I only have almost 9 months to prepare. I want to be able to converse in Dutch, no need to be fluent. I just want to be able to communicate to the native speakers. Any suggest to how I should start? I am currently doing Pimsleur complete course but I want to focus on grammar as well just a little bit and I want to improve faster. Pimsleur is good but it's so slow.

Jan 5, 2015 11:03 AM
Comments · 6

Thx for your suggestion Sikari. I checked lingq out and it was great!

January 11, 2015

I can help you! I'm dutch

February 16, 2015

I tried to learn some grammar too, klaar taal (red book) was good but most of the time studying the grammar can be slightly discouraging to learn a language (as beautiful and a little difficult as Dutch). I would suggest you to listen more to spoken Dutch. ( www.lingq.com). Also, i used to read travelblog written by Dutch about my country. (www.waarbenjij.nu). I would even watch kamerdebat on youtube. They do have a good sense of humour. ;) Succes ! 

January 11, 2015

I will be going to Utecht.

January 7, 2015

You can use a variety of things. Textbooks, anki, youtube, bloggers, books etc. Just find a method that you enjoy and use it. That is, in my opinion, the best way to learn - doing things you like. :)

January 6, 2015
Show more