Site Feedback

Lesson #2

Lesson #2 let’s see how we use the names in common speaking using my name that is the most difficult in Greek grammar to use it. ο Κωνσταντίνος when you see the letter (ο) before a word is introducing a name in male gender in third person. Example, person 1 says to person 2: Constantine is my teacher = ο Κωνσταντίνος είναι ο δάσκαλος μου (you can see that teacher δάσκαλος have gender to, and my μου goes always at the end of a phrase). This can be a name of a place, of an animal, of an object, as well as a human name (don’t forget, in Greek language all things have gender) but human and place names begin with capitol letter (K). του Κωνσταντίνου (see the end of the name is different this time cause του) when (του) is before a name means that you speak about something that belongs to me του Κωνσταντίνου. Example: person 1 to person 2: this is Constantine’s group = αυτό το group είναι του Κωνσταντίνου. τον Κωνσταντίνο. Example, person 1 to person 2: I saw Constantine yesterday = είδα τον Κωνσταντίνο χθες. All three examples that I gave you it’s for 2 persons chatting about a third male person, me. Let’s see now how it is if you speaking to me. ε Κωνσταντίνε when you speak to me you always call me Κωνσταντίνε. Example, you to me: how are you Constantine? = πως είσαι Κωνσταντίνε; Next time we will learn about female gender names.

Share:

Comments

that is an amazing class!thank you so much!

My name is Roman name, that’s why it’s so difficult in Greek use. If my name was ancient Greek (for example Socrates = Σωκράτης), then it would be very simple to use. ο Σωκράτης του Σωκράτη τον Σωκράτη ε Σωκράτη To understand (ο) (του) (τον) (ε) read the above lesson.

i think i understand some of your instruction,but how to use τον and ε, could you explain more and give some example?thank you. you're a good teacher

I saw = είδα Constantine = τον Κωνσταντίνο yesterday = χθες. or: τον Κωνσταντίνο μην τον λυπάσαι = don't be sorry about Constantine.

Don't use ε. ε is a grammar example for second person. When u speak to me I'm the second person, when u speak about me to someone als I'm the third. example for second person: Where r u Constantine? = Που είσαι Κωνσταντίνε; (u can see the ε at the end of my name).

Use of the female gender names: We will use the name Antonia = Αντωνία for example. η Αντωνία: like (ο) in male gender, (η) introducing female names in third person. Example, I say to sillygeorgia (who’s speaking excellent Greek): Antonia is my sister = η Αντωνία είναι αδερφή μου. της Αντωνίας: the same with (του) in male gender is (της) for female (about something that belongs to her). Example, I say to sillygeorgia: this is Antonia’s idea = αυτή είναι της Αντωνίας ιδέα. την Αντωνία: the same with (τον) in male gender (see lesson above). Example, I say to sillygeorgia: I will send Antonia for work cause I can’t stand her complains = θα στείλω την Αντωνία για δουλειά γιατί δεν αντέχω την γκρίνια της. ε Αντωνία: it’s second person conversation I to her) Example, I say to my sister: eh Antonia shoot up = ε Αντωνία πάψε (with or without eh = ε). η Αντωνία της Αντωνίας την Αντωνία ε Αντωνία In this lessons I forgot στον/στην = to him/to her (the names use it’s the same with τον/την. Examples: tell to Constantine = πες στον Κωνσταντίνο. give to Antonia = δώσε στην Αντωνία. p.s. I’m lousy teacher = είμαι χάλια δάσκαλος.

I think we need to learn the pronouns and "to be" first (ime, iste, ine...), and then learning to talk between 2 people will be easier :)
Για λεω "αρκετη η βενζινη" και οχι "αρκετη βενζινη". Απαντηιστε σε αγγλικα, παρακαλω!

icanot understand

I understand up until you get into the use of την in the feminine.  I think your example sentence is a bit too long & complicated -- is  την used as past tense second person?

otherwise, thank you!

Add a comment