Khosro
Name a movie quote that has strongly influenced you

"Fear can hold you prisoner

Hope can set you free" 

(Shawshank Redemption) 

Jan 13, 2015 10:59 PM
Comments · 40

Life was like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are gonna get.

---Forrest Gump

a very classic one~

January 13, 2015

Well, my favourite quote is also from Shawshank Redemption:" These walls are kind of funny like that. First you hate them, then you get used to them. Enough time passed, get so you depend on them. That's institutionalized. “ Very insightful.

January 14, 2015

Boyz-N-the-Hood

Furious Styles: Why is it that there is a gun shop on almost every corner in this community?
The Old Man: Why?
Furious Styles: I’ll tell you why. For the same reason that there is a liquor store on almost every corner in the black community. Why? They want us to kill ourselves. The best way you destroy a people is if you take away their ability to reproduce themselves.

- I'm not American, black and I don't think this is a consipiracy, but this quote makes makes me reflect on society and changes we can make to make it better. 

The Pursuit of Happyness

Christopher Gardner: Hey. Don't ever let somebody tell you... You can't do something. Not even me. All right?
Christopher: All right.
Christopher Gardner: You got a dream... You gotta protect it. People can't do somethin' themselves, they wanna tell you you can't do it. If you want somethin', go get it. Period.

- I work with children/youth, and I will always tell them they can do anything they put their minds to. 

January 19, 2015

Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place and I don’t care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard ya hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done! Now if you know what you’re worth then go out and get what you’re worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain’t you! You’re better than that!

-Rocky Balboa

January 19, 2015

John Coffey:

Don't put me in the dark.

I's afraid of the dark.

(The Green Mile - 1999)

January 15, 2015
Show more