Lorena
Professional Teacher
Have you been in Paris or do you live there , How was your experience?

Can you tell me the good and the bad things about Paris. Can you give me some advice for learning French.

Jan 21, 2015 2:46 AM
Comments · 2

To be honest, here's what many tourists say after visiting Paris: "I loved the city, but didn't like the inhabitants. People were rude, arrogant, distant and not polite".

Also, French people are known to be pretty bad English speakers, and/or are not wanting to make the effort to speak English. So be prepared if you plan on visiting Paris :)

Some knowledge of French would be useful before visiting France, so you're not completely lost. French is not as easy to learn as English, so if I were you, I would go there quite prepared.

Learning French online shouldn't be difficult. You have plenty of websites with lessons and plenty of people willing to help you (like here on italki). Once you know the basics, I would advise to read French books/articles and to watch movies and shows with French audio + French subtitles, so you make the connection between sounds and written words.

If any question, please let me know.

January 23, 2015

Hi!

Paris is a really nice city. You have a lot of places to visit: Eiffel Tower, Champs-Elysées, Notre-Dame, etc... You just have to plan your visit and take care of your organization. ;-) Of course, you should move in Paris with public transports.. Because there's a lot of traffic jam here.

To lern French, in the first time, you have to look at grammar and your tenses, this is the most complicated thing in French. After that, you shall try to watch the news in French.. And the best way is to read the newspapers.. You'll can check in the dictionary if you don't understant one word. But we are lucky, French and Spanish are really similar. ;-)

Good luck!

January 22, 2015