[Deleted]
What was the first job you ever had?

What was the first job you ever had? Share your experiences. Was it fun? What did you learn from this job?

Jan 24, 2015 4:22 PM
Comments · 25

I had my first job at the age of 20 while studying and I was a public relations officer, it was so much fun but exhausting (,")

January 25, 2015

When I was 15 I taught math to some enthusiastic children.

It was fun: we used to addres our pupils in the same respectful and polite manner as children are supposed to speak with teachers (it's sort of tradition in our informal math education. I used to experience it as a student, but now i was on the opposite side).

Being a child myself and speking this way to other children was... SOmething that can be compared to Alace in Wonderland owerall feel.

It wasn't supposed to be a 'job', of course. But that year somebody paid us some money, which was totally unexpected.

January 25, 2015

My first job was working at a local supermarket when I was 16, and I hated it with an absolute passion. I'm claustrophobic, and I managed to get stuck in the lift on my first day. If that's not a sign, I don't know what is.

Lessons learned: Retail is not for me.

January 25, 2015

My first job was volunteering work ;D I taught English to homeless children in an orphanage. It was fun seeing those kids smile and make some mistakes in English. What I like the most was that we learned from each other. 

January 25, 2015

My first job was.. teacher and I am still a teacher.That was 32 years ago.Actually I did NOT have fun at the beginning,as it was very difficult and the students behaved badly.I thought about quitting many times.But now I love teaching.

January 24, 2015
Show more