Fadi
Professional Teacher
Ideal teacher :)

Hello everyone.
I was wondering how you would describe your ideal teacher of foreign languages.

Jan 25, 2015 12:06 AM
Comments · 6

I never had any experience with a teacher, but if I decided to choose one, he/she must know what they're talking about! I see with my own eyes a LOT of cheating on this website and I honestly feel for the learners who actually depend on some teachers while they have no idea that they use "google translation" to give simple answers! And of course when any profile shows that it belongs to a teacher, his/her answers will be taken for graunted! 

I'm not a teacher myself, yet I'm talking about the simple things that anyone should know in his/her mother tongue and ironically some teachers don't seem to know these things! Or simply they're giving wrong translations and answers, or even copying others' corrections just to prove their ability to teach! or probably this is part of marketing themselves to attract more students.

We as members make mistakes always but when some teachers here seem to make mistakes all the time while they're supposed to know better, then definitely something is wrong and I'm not sure how they're allowed to teach their poor students!

By the way, I'm only speaking about the Arabic section on italki and I'm sorry Fadi for my long answer:)

January 25, 2015

Currently, I'm studying Chinese. (I'm still at a beginning level, :( ) My ideal teacher has to be patient since I'm just starting out. In addition, it also helps if he/she can speak English very fluently to explain the meaning in an in-depth details. :) Luckily, I have found my ideal teacher, and we are studying once a week :)

January 25, 2015

Mumtaz. I totally agree with you. Yesterday, I made an Arabic teacher so angry after I said to him 'Please don't use google translate to help your students as it really gives a bad translation most of the times'
Thank you for your comment, it's much appreciated.

January 25, 2015

I think it is important for a teacher to be passionate about the subject they teach.

January 25, 2015

She should should

1- speak rhetoric

2- be appealing

January 25, 2015
Show more