Leyla
Community Tutor
How do you meet guests?

Hi:) I want to know your traditions about guests.In our country when guests come to us we cook the best meals for them.And they should eat these meals:)) What about you?   How dovyou meet the guests in your country,in your family?

Jan 26, 2015 4:22 AM
Comments · 33

Oh my God Leyla!

I don't know where to begin, but you have to know first that having guests is a hard task here;)

In my childhood, my only chore before receving our guests was setting the table with the napkins, dishes and glasses and everything else needed. Well, at least I used to like doing that (,")

Where I come from guests aare very important and you start preparing certain kind of foods before a day or even two! And people prefer to have their guests on lunch or dinner. We make lots of food from scratch and buying ready food is really weird here. Maybe buying a dessert is ok though :)

When we have a big number of guests, more than 12, we have to prepare the 2 dining tables at home which will take more time of course, and we usually give the smaller table to the kids, so they'll sit and eat together and have their own small talks :) I usually sit with them if I can because honestly it's more fun :)

After those 2 days of preparing and having guests, you really need time to relax and this is what I meant by a "hard task" in the beginning ;)

January 26, 2015

I don't like guests.

January 26, 2015

We prepare many things for our guests and insist people to eat all of them. We never accept the idea that oyr quests are on a diet. This is out of question! The most scary thing is that we insist people to eat all and if they don't, we say "See my corpse!" which means that it is better to see me dead than leaving the foods on the plate. Horrible. 

January 26, 2015

Because I am an introvert. )

January 26, 2015

I don,t drink alcohol at all. So my guest traditions are:

1) Chinese tea (maybe Indian)

2) Funny jokes and lovely talkings whith good people :)

August 25, 2015
Show more