Cynthia
Do you have problems with water in your county?

Here in Brazil we are facing a water shortage problem in some states, like Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo. This is happening because it is raining minus than the expected and the temperatures are so high. Our reservoirs are almost empty and the government has been practicing a veiled rationing a some months, chiefly in poor areas of the big cities. Do you have this problem in your city or country?

Jan 26, 2015 8:28 PM
Comments · 13

Yes, Cynthia. It's because of rivers (in Croatia) and because of groundwaters.

January 27, 2015

Actually In Egypt, may be we have a troubles with puratiy of water,as it is very contaminated.In addition that people are very wasteful for using water in their homes.

January 26, 2015

Talking about water, Croatia is very rich. UNESCO announced that Croatia is amoung 30 countries in the world and 3th country in Europe with quantity of water. The quality of our water is excelent, with our water we do everything: drink from pipe, wash clothes, cars, WC (without complicating - we wash everything). We use it for cooking. But, we don't take all advantages that we could. We could export it to other countries much more than we are doing that. Another problem is that our farmers don't have an irrigation system so their culture may be ruined because we have a few months almost every year with little rain. Some reports say that we don't have to be worried about water at least for a next 100 years and that we drink only two percent of all water that we spend. That means that 98% of water we "through away" (we don't appreciate it).

January 26, 2015

Yes, where I live gets very hot and we have water shortages sometimes. And for the record, global warming was debunked long ago. ^^ I wish it rained more!

January 26, 2015

Yes, there is a province in my country named "Guajira" which it's a dessert for the most part and they have endured droughts many times. Also, global warming has affected the climate of my country and we are likely to face a drought very soon. 

January 26, 2015
Show more