Terrance Thomas
Smoking in public

I think this topic is one of the worlds great debates at the moment. Smoking puts the health of all people within proximity at risk while also contributing to property damage and unpleasant scents. Smoking is also a very social habit that allows participants to meet other people in a relaxed enviroment without the akwardness. Should smoking be banned from all public places or should non smokers just learn to deal with the consequences of the habitual habits of others? Is smoking cool?

Jan 28, 2015 7:36 PM
Comments · 7

Hi. I'm used to be a very tolerant person, but in the case of cigarette smoke I can’t stand it. This is not only disagreeable but also harmful for anyone. I think that the most suitable answer for your questions is the known phrase “the right to swing my fist ends where the other man’s nose begins”. If all people had clearly about that, we would live in a more harmonious world. I think that an important part of people, especially younger people, smoke to feel themselves include in the society. However, everyone have the social duty to respect the space of others and their environment free from pollution. From my point of view, there are many other ways to be involved in social groups and to get relax.

January 28, 2015

Imo, it's a no-brainer that smoking should be banned in all public places. So I'll talk about something related instead - smoking in movies and TV. I swear, sometimes I feel that's what the movie is about.

"I saw a movie last night."

"What was it about?"

"Smoking!"

So many movies these days have people smoking in almost every scene. Is it revenge on the new laws? Who knows.

January 29, 2015

I think it is really one of the debating theme in the world. Of course, who smokes, they will be against to ban a smoke in the public places. The people, who not smoke, I guess they are support the ban of smoking in the public places. For instance, I dont smoke and I like when you are finding on the public places and nobody doesn't smoke. I hate a smell of cigaretts. I think, it is good idea to ban is smoking on the public places. I guess, the Mankind should be come to the time, when nobody won't to smoke. if we will forbidden to smoke anywhere, it will not give good effect, because who wants to smoke, they are anyway will be smoke. Smoking is like drugs, if you have habitat, is very difficult through out. Therefore, we have to gradually to restrict smoking.  

January 28, 2015

I think smoking should be banned from all public places. Someone who's ok with destroying their own health shouldn't be allowed to do the same to those who care for their health or to those who maybe suffer from some illness and smoke affects only negatively in both cases. It's not cool either.

January 28, 2015

Well in my opinion smoking is a bad thing but it helps to relax your mind and forget your problem for a minute or two...

My friends often smoke and I'm the only one avoid it.But I'm ok with that!

And I love those women who smokes :D

January 28, 2015
Show more