Jie
What is your ideal language partner like? What is your ideal language partner like?
Jan 30, 2015 12:24 PM
Comments · 11

My ideal language partner is like Nacir. He always helps with my German but never asks anything in Turkish. :)))

January 30, 2015

Ideal language partner is more like a friend for me) He/she should be an interesting person and we should have some common interests. So we could not just learn a language, but also exchange our opinions on some topic)))

January 30, 2015

My ideal language partner is someone who wants to practice English,

and who has great patience. 

The quality of  patience will be combined with a  "work ethic,"  which means that when I offer a practice reading assignment, the student will practice reading  the study material many times until our next meeting.  (The Nursery Rhymes,  Poems,  Songs  and other brief materials that I use for study, are only a preparation for study materials  which introduce  advanced vocabulary.

The students I have had the most success with,  are those who have remained committed to study  for at least a year. 

Generally,  I can see improvement  by degrees,  just about  every 3 month period.

As the student   studies with me,  they become very familiar my method.

Actually,  I suspect that for many students,  they might only read over my  practice material only once.   Still, if they remain  committed, they show a vast improvement.

As for a kind of general disappointment,  I have seen many students  appear in Italki about

1, 2, or 3 months prior to taking   one of the English language tests such as the IELTS,  TOEFL,  or others, etc.   As I see it,  these tests require about a full year of preparation.

January 30, 2015

My ideal lanugage partner is who comes from "Other" and is learning "Other" and we both speak a language which none of us is learning.

February 2, 2015

ANother option:
somebody
- absolutely clever
- beatiful
- female
- kind

- ...having a million of $$ and willng to give it to me  - is unbeatable variant.

I find it realistic) All i need to do is to make a million, give it to some of my female friends, and then lure her into learning Irish Gaelic, for example)
'Female friends' are still unhappy with results I achieved thus far.

January 30, 2015
Show more