Tulum
Differences?

What is the different between " wardrobe" and "cupboard"?

It seems to me that " wardrobe " is UK usage and " closet' is US usage. But I still confused about that word "cupboard".

Could you explain this to me, please?

Jan 31, 2015 10:26 AM
Comments · 2

There are several differences between a wardrobe and a cupboard, including appearance, intended use and where the piece is typically placed. A cupboard can be any piece in a wide range of furniture used to store kitchen tools and utensils or other items for display; these include plates, porcelain, religious items and small pieces of clothing that can be folded.

Wardrobes are a specific type of cupboard used for storing clothing that creases easily or is used for everyday wear. Cupboards are typically placed in living rooms or kitchens, while wardrobes are placed in more private spaces, such as bedrooms.

A "closet" is a built-in walk-in storage area, small room with a door or doors to get into it, usually with at least one shelf and a clothes' rod for hanging clothes on with hangers usually with a surface-mounted light on its ceiling; whereas a "wardrobe" or "cupboard" is a free-standing piece of furniture, which also stores your clothes.

January 31, 2015

Thanks!

January 31, 2015