wilnesse dericer
what does your language mean to you?

The language of your country is not words but meaning. what does your language mean to you?

Jan 31, 2015 4:12 PM
Comments · 3

This question remind me of that old discussion of 'Which language is better for...?". Indeed, I have a friend who believes that Spanish is for literature and German for Philosophy. But regarding to the question and talking about my mother tongue, Spanish, I would say that I love it. And I like both modern and old features of it: I usually fall in love with singular and hardly used words such as 'conticinio' which means 'time of the night when everything is calm'. And I also enjoy how people mix the language nowadays, make it evolve... What is a language but what their speakers do with it?

For me, Spanish is... a tale because I was raised being told tales in Spanish by my parents and I can't forget those voices narrating such an adventures in my head, even Today.

But that's just my opinion. I'm looking forward to reading more! :)

February 1, 2015

I really love my language and I really enjoy teaching it for many reasons. 

Being a native Spanish speakers means you know, natively, how to speak a very difficult language to learn. Since it comes from Latin, it makes it easier to learn other languages that do as well like Portuguese, Italian, French and Romanian, and even German (which took some elements from Latin). Also, it sounds beautiful and it's spoken in more than half a continent (Central and South America). 

That's basically what my language means to me. 

January 31, 2015

I really love my language. I think my language is a very beautiful language and full of cultural insights.

January 31, 2015