Mike
SHEFFIELD in England

Hello, 
I have the project to spend one year in this city and I'm very interesting about learning about this city by its inhabitant or people that know about this city.

-Size
-Activities
-Culture

Thank you :) 

Jan 31, 2015 9:17 PM
Comments · 5

Yes, they have the University of Sheffield, which has been a university since 1905, and is fairly presitigious. It is one of Britain's well-respected Victorian 'red-brick' universities.

There is also Sheffield Hallam, which only became a university in 1992. If you have a choice of which to go to.... do you know the expression 'a no-brainer'?

February 1, 2015

I heard that Sheffield has got 2 universities, is this true ? 

February 1, 2015

Thanks you all for your input. Indeed I heard that it used to be a steel manufacture city, so I guess it should have stuff related to that part of this history in the city right ?

I didn't know the prices were cheap.. I'm even more exciting to do my Erasmus there now!

What does exacty make difference with students of Sheffield university ?

January 31, 2015

People in Yorkshire are very friendly. It is also quite cheap to live there. Sheffield used to be a major industrial town where they manufactured steel until the 70's and 80's, but that has stopped now. It is a large city in the UK, probably in the top 5 or 6 biggest, and is a popular university town for students. I have friends who have studied there, and they all really liked it so I think you will enjoy it there.

January 31, 2015

I don't know very much about the place; but I have to say, I really like the sound of Yorkshire accents.

January 31, 2015