Angelo
Learning Article : How To Write A CV And A Cover Letter

Discuss the Article : How To Write A CV And A Cover Letter

<a href='/article/375/how-to-write-a-cv-and-a-cover-letter-english' target='_blank'>How To Write A CV And A Cover Letter</a>

The article aims to give simple and rapid instructions in order to write a complete and professional curriculum vitae and a cover letter.

Feb 2, 2015 12:00 AM
Comments · 31

It is important to note that different countries, even countries sharing a common language, have different resume/CV styles.  

Such as in China, it is usual and customary to include a photo of yourself.  However, in USA, it is not customary unless you are applying to be a model, actor/actress, or other "customer facing" professional (medical staff is considered to be customer facing, but you would not generally include a picture of yourself EXCEPT when "applying"/advertising to patients).

Also other content is important regionally, by country and culture.

February 6, 2015

Eugene,

The primary differences between a resume and a curriculum vitae (CV) are the length, what is included, and what each is used for. While both are used in job applications, a resume and a CV are not always interchangeable.

A resume is a one or two page summary of your skills, experience, and education. While a resume is brief and concise -- no more than a page or two -- a curriculum vitae is longer (at least two pages) and provides a more detailed synopsis.

A curriculum vitae includes a summary of your educational and academic backgrounds as well as teaching and research experience, publications, presentations, awards, honors, affiliations, and other details. In Europe, the Middle East, Africa, or Asia, employers may expect to receive a curriculum vitae.

I recently went through a recruiting process and was applying to roles both in Europe and in the US, some recruiters were very specific about how I needed to format my resume/CV before I could submit it.

Hope that helps,

-Renat

February 13, 2015

The articles is very insteresting and hepful. I write cover letters very often, but they are not good enough as the article suggests. I'll try to put it in practice next time I have to do it.

Going back to the article, it gives a good idea about what to write and what to don't. It also gives technical specificacion about fonts and size, things that sometimes people tend to miss in their applications.

I think it should includ some hints about the photo. For example if it's right to add it on the cv or not, or what kind of photo is preferable to use.

Overall is a good article and I'm going to share it among my classmate at my next English class.

February 2, 2015

Great article!

Actually... here (in the UK) the shorter 1-2 page summary is called CV, not resume. The latter name seems to be considered an Americanism, which can be frowned upon.

June 3, 2015
The articles is very insteresting. Thanks.
September 26, 2016
Show more