Claudia
Professional Teacher
Learning Article : The Difference Between Direct And Indirect Pronouns In Italian

Discuss the Article : The Difference Between Direct And Indirect Pronouns In Italian

<a href='/article/373/the-difference-between-direct-and-indirect-pronouns-in-italian-italian' target='_blank'>The Difference Between Direct And Indirect Pronouns In Italian</a>

We will be looking at the difference between direct and indirect object pronouns, which are two topics that have been giving my students hell in Italian for as long as I have been teaching.

Feb 3, 2015 12:00 AM
Comments · 8

Ciao Claudia,

Can an indirect object ever appear without a direct object in Italian?  I think not, right?  In the sentence:  "I call him", is "him" the direct object of call?  (Lo telefono)

April 24, 2019

Claudia, salve. Scusa, volevo chiederti.. Nella prima tabella non dovrebbe essere scritto "prima persona" come cifra 1 accanto una piccola lettera "a"? Scusa ancora una volta:)

August 2, 2015
I have trouble with:

La vorremmo andare a trovare
La vorresti venire a trovare

I’m pretty sure that “La” is the direct object here. But if so, the fact that the direct object is so far removed from where it is in English (beginning versus the end of the sentence) is confusing. And on top of that, I think that “La” here can mean both her, and You, and it.
April 9, 2020

Hi!

Can you please give an example for a simple sentence of "rule 2" in the direct pronoun?

"when a sentence contains a verb in the <em>infinitive</em> form."

What is the original sentence?

Thanks!!

February 22, 2017
Thank you for this.
January 14, 2017
Show more