Giulsi
NO to short answers

I was wondering why people register on Italki if they intend to improve trough short answers. 

I dislike conversation like this:

a) how r u?

b) fine,thanks 

c)what are you doing? Nothing special and u?

I have wrote this because I'm sociable person and I have always had something to say. Do you agree?

Feb 9, 2015 10:13 PM
Comments · 26

People do what they feel comfortable with. If they feel they are making progress, it is their business.

February 9, 2015

Wow, why all the whining? For a beginner, those questions are fine. Expecting someone to start out at C2? There are many reasons someone might keep it simple; it's not like they have planned to spoil your conversation. If you don't like it, switch partners. 

February 10, 2015

Who you can find on italki:

1 the "flirt-user" (useless but funny);

2 the "obsessive-user" (run, they will destroy your life calling you on skype 100 times per day);
3 the "premium-user" (they are too rich and snob, don't talk with them);

4 the "Hi-user" (I love them; they're 70% of italky community).

February 10, 2015

They register on italki because they are only able to respond in short answers.  If they were fluent, they wouldn't need this site.  The fact that they use short answers is indicative of their level of fluency & their fear of appearing ignorant.  My answers today are far different than my answers from a year ago and my answers a year from now will hopefully be more complex as well.  You should also factor in cultural differences & inherent shyness.

February 10, 2015

I don't think using those questions/answer is a bad idea. Those question are ok to meet new people. I'm sure you don't want people ask about your religion or another personal question without even greet or present themself.

February 9, 2015
Show more