Selvinur
to make food of another culture?

Have you ever tried to make food of another culture? 

Feb 16, 2015 10:00 PM
Comments · 22

I have! At school we had a festival, each classroom representing a country. Our classroom represented Egypt. So, everyone had to do something. Some brought clothes, while others decorated the classroom Egypt-like.... I was not interested in any of that, so I tried to cook. I don't know what the dish is called... But you take chopped onion+potato+meat+seasoning and put it in a grape leaves. It was super delicious! When I made it and brought to school my classroom teacher was very surprised and thankful because some classrooms that got China, Indonesia, Thailand, and Philippines....  they had students from those countries who brought so much of traditional stuff but ours looked empty.

February 17, 2015

I  have never tried :)

But if the opportunity comes to me , i can try something from Turkey (Kebab) or from Italy (Lasagne) ^^

February 16, 2015
February 17, 2015

i didn't ever try. But i think italian foods is very delicious just like our foods :) 

February 16, 2015

Yes, I tried today. I did chilaquiles but added a lot of onion and I'm still smelling like it.

I did a mistake, I didn't let the onions become soft before adding them to the sauce. So the sauce was very strong.

February 16, 2015
Show more