Olya
video lessons

Hi everyone! 

I've got a question for you. Do you watch any video lessons to improve your Russian? Maybe you have your favourite channels or something like that? And another question. What kind of 'tips' you look for most often? Grammar or pronunciation?)

Thanks in advance!)

Feb 17, 2015 10:41 AM
Comments · 4

Well, yes. Although I don't think I'd have much to share here since what I watch usually is related to politics and few other stuff that tend to generate unpleseant discussions - and the main thing here is help people learn a new language. 

But anyway, I do watch videos in russia, listen to songs and watch movies also. They help a lot with pronunciation and get the "way of conversation" - it helps you think in another language besides your mother language. The last movie I watched was - Тихая Застава. I would be lying if I say that I understood everything without having to ask a few things to my neighbour or having to going back a few seconds in the movie a few times - but I was really glad to realize that I could understood most of the dialogues with the movie, which had no subtitles)

Well, that's it. Sorry for my bad english (: Grammar is not my strong point in this language  

February 17, 2015

I do watch a lot of videos on youtube. Sometimes I look for a specific video, for instance, when I am trying to learn the days of the week or the months and I find them hard to memorise, I go to youtube and see some of them but there's a specific russian video course that I follow. 

Russian world

There're lots of episodes for this series, here you go the link of the video that I was watching some minutes ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuKzEbXiQZc

I like her because she makes Russian a very easy language and she doesn't hurry. She truly teaches Russian as it should be taught because it is not an easy language! 

I care more about Grammar, not that I don't pay attention to pronunciation but the hardest part of the Russian language is the scary grammar!

February 17, 2015

Olya,

I look for Russian language movies with Russin subtitles on youtube.

And currently, I am focusing on Russian noun declensions. Until I get better at declensions, I know I will not learn the other parts of Russian well.

I also spend a lot of time with friends when I am in Odessa, Ukraine. 

Thank you.

Roy

December 1, 2015

Murillo Costa, thanks a lot for your answer! Don't hesitate to ask me any questions about that scary russian grammar)

February 17, 2015