Kari
Others learning Japanese?

こんにちは,

Kari だ.

I have been sucessfully exchanging language for a few months now, and I love talking with my Japanese friends.

I do, however have complications at times, I am somewhere between beginner and Intermediate, but most of my exchange partners are much better at English than I am at Japanese! I feel we practice their English far more than my own Japanese, and it is difficult to express deep thoughts.

I was wondering if any English speaking people who are also learning Japanese would like to exchange ideas and new vocabulary, in conversations that would focus only on what we are learning.

I know around 1000+ Japanese words, about 100+ kanji and all Hirigana & Katakana, but am willing to add romaji to messages for early beginners! Please let me know if your interested in talking.

お返事お待ちしております。

(Ohenji omachi shite orimasu)

-Kari

Feb 20, 2015 5:40 PM
Comments · 6

I'm definantly interested in teaming up with you. I am struggling with the same thing you are. It seems all my exchange partners are way better in English than I am with Japanese, and because of this, we always seem to use more english. It is really frustrating.

I have about the same amount of skill you are. 1000+ words, I know all the katana and hirigana and some of the Kanji. Right now, I am trying to build up my verb vocabulary.

February 20, 2015

Thank you all for your kind replies. I have added you to my following list.

Thank you.

February 25, 2015

I am interested in this too! Please add me to your group!

I completed Genki 1 and 2, currently memrising N4 vocab and kanji. I lost count how many I know though...

February 21, 2015

Hey! I am interesting! I am studying Japanese too. I can help you but my English is not so good. :/

February 20, 2015

I'm also interested in studying with you guys. I'm not really sure of how many words I know, probably  less than 1000, but I don't use Romaji and I already know up to 200 kanji.

February 20, 2015
Show more