Joana
How do I memorize the gender - der, die, or das - of a noun?

Are there tips to learning genders (der, das und die)? Any advice?

Feb 22, 2015 11:47 PM
Comments · 7

ich lerne auch deutsch als fremdsprache, und es hilft mir sehr viel wann ich das wort mit dem artikel lerne. zum beispiel--mein flashcard sagt "the table" auf einer siete und "der tisch" auf der anderen (nicht nur "table" und "tisch"). wann ich studiere, ich sage nie "table = tisch"....immer das wort mit dem artikel, und niemals ohne. 

ich hoffe du kannst mich verstehen haha, ich spreche nicht sehr gut lol

February 24, 2015

It is the most difficult question for me in German((((

February 24, 2015

This video helped me out a lot in memorizing the articles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vHSJp0QlxQ

viel Erfolg!

February 23, 2015

Most of the things which have something to to with the calendar are DER. der Sommer, der Monat

Suffixes can also be helpful:  - heit, - keit  are DIE: die Freundlichkeit, die Schönheit

nouns, which are formed from verbs and preserve ending EN are DAS: das Sprechen, das Verbrechen. 

There are a lot more sings in nouns, which can be helpful, however most common words you have to learn. 

As you progress through the language you'll see lots of patterns in wordformation and it'll be easier to distinguish between genders.

February 23, 2015

I read somewhere that one of the ways is to remember the word together with the gender as one, instead of as two separate words - for example, instead of 'das Bild', remember it as 'dasBild'. 

February 23, 2015
Show more