Yvonne
I learned a new word "taxi stand"

I learned a new word "taxi stand".Is it a place where focused people to taking a taxi?

It seems there is no such a place in China. We usually take a taxi at a roadside. I don't know wether it exist in other countries.

Come and tell me that if your country have this place!

Feb 26, 2015 11:51 AM
Comments · 6

Right now I live in Hong Kong and there's taxi stands everywhere! In my home country (Australia) there are not very many taxi stands and you have to call them on your phone. 

February 26, 2015

We also say "taxi rank", for example at an airport or railway station, because all of the taxis line up, and passengers usually getting into the front taxis. 

February 26, 2015

In Germany it's called Taxistand, which is the colloquial form of "Taxenstand", and they are quite common here.

February 27, 2015

No 
We don't have it in my country ^_^

February 27, 2015

Thank you for reply.

@Andi @Paul

You remind me that there are taxi ranks (or cab ranks) in my country. We call it "出租车候车站". It's really setted up at airport or railway station. ^^

and maybe in others country is called "taxi stand"....

I checked it in the dictionary. I think taxi ranks (or cab ranks) is more closer to our "出租车候车站".

@Justin R

I live in Beijing, there are taxis everywhere. We waved, can hit the car at the side of the road. But still in some streets or places haven't taxis, so we need to call them by phone.

February 27, 2015
Show more