[Deleted]
What do you attribute your success in language learning?
Feb 27, 2015 5:03 PM
Comments · 4

For English ... Hardworking teachers from my elementary school days on to the present day.  My colleagues are my teachers now.

For Korean... A tremendously talented faculty and superb INTENSIVE academic program at Yonsei Korean Language Institute, Yonsei University in Seoul Korea for 8 months in the 1980's. Yes, it helped that the program and my lifestyle was full Korean language immersion. 

Farsi- Well, I am a beginner so I can't say I am "successful" but I owe what I have achieved to a few online friends who are patient, kind, resourceful, encouraging and STRICT. If I could attend a school to learn, I would, but I would also still need my friends help.

Of course, my desire plays a part.  But desire without means, without help .... what could possibly come of that?

People are connected.  We need each other. We are better when we need and help each other.

February 28, 2015

passion! my love for the English language (and Dire Straits when i was 18 y.o.), my love for...the French language (my mother tongue), my love for Spanish, Spain and Madrid in particular, and my crazy love for Hebrew, Israel and Jerusalem. passion, passion, passion all the way!...(hence motivation, perseverance and patience)

February 28, 2015

Having a talent for learning languages easily definitely helps in being successful. I think that for people who learn languages at school, a lot depends on the teacher and the methods used for studying - if the teacher is motivated and uses creative methods, students will probably be more successful. I prefer learning languages alone, first from a coursebook, as well as watching films, videos and reading articles. Talking to native speakers also helps a lot in learning the right pronunciation and becoming fluent in the target language.

February 27, 2015

I think talking is the most important thing.

February 27, 2015