Dorothy
The University here in Austin has some fantastic online resources for learning Spanish...

from beginning level to advanced. 

I'm wondering if I know about The University of Texas at Austin's awesome resources only because I live here so I thought I'd share them. I heard about their website because it won some awards. 

Here's a link to a good example.

http://www.laits.utexas.edu/spe/beg03.html

These are native speakers from different countries videotaped speaking in Spanish on different topics that are grouped according to your Spanish level. They are short and easy to understand. If you aren't ready to listen to movies or recorded books this is a great way to get started from the very beginning getting used to listening. There are written transcripts that go with each video too. You can also download each video as a podcast. 

If you click on the site index tab on the top right it will bring you to a page where you can access pages that are related to each video including relative grammar, vocabulary and phrases. 

By the time you get to their "superior" level it's more interesting to watch movies, but if you don't have access to movies (with accurate subtitles) even the superior level can be useful after you are proficient. I'm finding it useful to to read over the grammar sections related to that level. For beginning to upper intermediate level though, this is a real gem of a website. 

Feb 27, 2015 5:11 PM
Comments · 2

Thanks for posting this.  I've been looking for something like this for years.

March 1, 2015

I'm so glad it will be of use to you Terry. :D

March 1, 2015